Monday, February 25, 2013

Two months

Baby Dude! You are two months old!

You are one happy baby. You eat like a champ, sleep like a champ, and you are the most flexible and adaptable baby!

You look just like your brother did at your age. The similarity is uncanny, and when your dad flashed a photo across our computer screen, I had to stop and study it to determine which of my boys I was looking at. I think your eyes are a little brighter shade of blue than your brother's, and your temperament is already different. I'm eager to see how your personalities compare!

You are loving the seahorse musical nightlight and the sleep sheep, just like your brother did. We bought you your own seahorse so now you both have one!

You are strong, like an oak tree. You began standing on our knees at just a few weeks old, and with our support to steady you, you can support your own weight on your legs. You've been holding your neck up for many weeks now, and every move you make just has such strength behind it. Tummy time doesn't bother you in the least, and you can move your head from side to side. You are getting so long that you've about outgrown your three-month sleepers.

I think God knew you'd need to be strong to hold your own with your older brother. He's still learning what "sweet" touch feels like, and you are his learning tool. He hasn't been too sure what to think about you during the first few weeks of life, but in the past few days, one of the first things he wants to do each day is "hold Nate." He loves holding his little brother and just studying you.

You love to look around, coo and talk, and you are a smiler. That smile is so, so sweet no matter if it's a purposeful reaction to one of us, or done while sleeping. You still aren't quite sure what to make of batht ime, but you sure are cute as you wiggle around.

This past weekend when your dad was changing your diaper, I heard a yell and then, "it's on my lip!" Sure enough, you'd nailed him with baby poop. We laughed and laughed, and even though you didn't mean to do it, I'm secretly proud of your ability to do such a thing!

We love you so much, Nathanael Oak! Happy two months, sweet baby!

Love,
Mama







No comments: