Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Parade

"Mimi, play tam-brine."

"Didi, play cymbals."

"Yiyi, play clap-pers."

"Mama, play ma-ra-cas."

"Dada, play triangle."





Who ever would have guessed that my parents taking Levi to a parade back in September would lead to one of his all-time favorite activities, parading around the couch at Mimi's and Didi's house.

We all accept our assignments, and off the parade begins, with Levi bringing up the rear so he can watch everyone and offer motivation if someone isn't playing their instrument correctly. After a few times around the couch, he halts us. He takes a moment to decide which instrument he'd like to move to next, reassigns the rest of the gang, and off we go.

It's one of those moments I want to freeze in time forever: the adults' laughter as we march around a piece of furniture, each playing a musical instrument, and the smile that lights up the face of a little boy. It's just so sweet.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

So sweet!! I love toddlers, I seriously do.