"Mama, Dada, so good."
What parent wouldn't want to hear that phrase come out of their toddler's mouth? It sounds like two-year-old-speak for, "Mother, Father, what wonderful parents you are! The way you love me and train me up are things for which I will always be eternally grateful!"
Buuuuuuut. While he may in fact feel such sentinment, the term "so good" is actually a request to sing a particular song. It's THE song around the Park household these days: "So Good" by Cory Asbury.
"Dada, whoa oh oh oh." Cue dad to transition: I've got love, joy, peace…
"Mama, clap."
We are a regular traveling musical act as we drive from place to place! And I love it. I love every clap from the backseat, every occasional "c'mon" sung along with dad, every request for either mama or dada to take over singing at a particular place in the song.
This boy has a heart for worship. We've started taking him into the church service for worship, and words really can't describe how my heart just soars watching him. He jumps, he sways, he lifts his hands sometimes - he really experiences the music he's hearing. He loves the drums, the guitars, Jesus and "sing sing sing"-ing. Here's a pic my friend Michelle captured a few Sundays ago:
I love that our little Blazer loves his dad and loves to imitate what he sees his dad doing. I'm thankful that the two of them love to sing worship music together, and I'm so thankful our little dude sees it as perfectly normal to take it beyond the church walls.

No comments:
Post a Comment