Monday, March 21, 2011

Two months!

GP and I have differing opinions of when to celebrate Levi's two-month birthday. I've been counting the weeks, so as of yesterday, he was eight weeks old, which equals two months, right?! Gib prefers to celebrate on the 22nd of each month, no matter which day it falls on. I think he is actually the correct one in considering how we celebrate birthdays in general. But, I'm going to split the difference and wish our Levi Blaze a happy two-month birthday today!

A well-known blogger I used to follow regularly wrote a newsletter to her eldest daughter each month. I always loved reading them, so I'm adapting that idea to my own blog. Here goes...

LBP,
So much has happened in the last month! You are one of the most alert babies we know, as you are constantly looking around intently with those big blue eyes.


We introduced you to a mobile in the last few weeks, and you are in heaven... so much so that we actually bought another one, so you have two! Your favorite one hangs over your changing table, and every time we put you down, whether you are crying or not, once we wind up the mobile, your entire face lights up. You smile and giggle and coo and wiggle like crazy, and we will stand there for ten minutes sometimes, continually winding that mobile just so we can watch you. The other mobile is on your crib, and it entertains you for twenty minutes at a time!


You have begun standing up on our laps in the last week, and once you figured out that you could do such a thing, it's about all you want to do when we are holding you. You still love to be held, though, and we love that about you.


As I type this, you are asleep on your daddy's stomach, and he is asleep on the bed. While you've come to recognize my voice, particularly when you are hungry, you most certainly know your daddy, too. He can put you to sleep more effectively than I can most of the time!

Your personality shines more and more each week, and we think you are going to be quite the little firecracker. Little did we know that your middle name might fit so appropriately from the very beginning!

Here you are with one of your besties, Miss CL, both of you captivated by the TV:



I know I say this every week, but time has flown. It's hard to believe you have been in our lives for eight weeks now. Happy two-month birthday, little guy!

5 comments:

Abi Spencer said...

happy birthday sweet boy!

Sara said...

So glad you are sharing Levi's growth on your blog...very cool for those of us who are so far away! Happy 8 weeks/2months Levi!

Lauren said...

Wow, little Levi is not looking so little anymore!!

Anonymous said...

Is he the same size as CL?

TeamPark said...

I think the photo angle is a little deceptive. He's a growing boy, but she still has him beat.