In case there are others out there like me, I feel it's my duty to pass on this recipe we tried tonight. What grabbed my attention was the fact that there are a mere SIX ingredients, with one of those being water. Not only was this dish simple, but it was delicious. I think even Susan Horan might appreciate me posting this one (hi, Suz!).
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
1 lb. cubed beef stew meat (I used eye of the round steak instead.)
1 can (10.75-oz.) condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup water
4 oz. sour cream
In the crockpot (or slow cooker, as some would say), combine the meat, soup, onion, Worchestershire sauce and water. Cook on low for eight hours (or high for five). Stir in sour cream before serving.
It doesn't get any simpler than this! And it was tasty. We served ours over no-yolk egg noodles. I cooked this round on high, but I think next time I'll use the low setting, as some of my sauce stuck to the pot. Also next time, I'll double the recipe. This makes about four servings, but I like my crockpot meals to offer some leftovers.
5 comments:
I may have to try this! We got a crockpot for our wedding back in '08 and have yet to use it... What does that say about us?? Haha.
Oh my gosh. I can't believe this! I am a crockpot addict. You should try it. Seriously.
You are so wonderful in your high hopes for me - you think I have a crockpot. :) Cute. I'm having a potato for dinner tonight. And some cheese. Also. Your son is freakishly cute. I fear he is going to get cuter and the world will be in a bit of trouble! Love to all from Iowa! Suz
Lauren, this looks awesome. Love your blog!
It's Kathleen Copeland by the way. :)
Post a Comment