Monday, January 21, 2013

One month!

One month ago today, almost to the hour I write this, I was heading into the operating room to prepare to meet my newest Baby Dude. Four weeks have passed, but the thrill and anticipation I felt that day is still with me. What a fun day!

Hearing Gib announce, "It's a boy," and then receiving a tiny little baby on my chest, still fresh and covered in vernix, was one of the sweetest experiences of my life.

Nathanael Oak, the bright blue eyes you were born with have only gotten more beautiful, and the precious baby rolls you are growing make this mama smile with delight. You coo and wriggle, sleep and eat like a champ, hold your head up and look around, and love to cuddle.

I remember the time flying by with your brother, and I can hardly believe you've already grown from this:



to this:



I'm enjoying every second.

We are so in love with you, little man.

1 comment:

Abi Spencer said...

oh my word i can't wait to meet him! he's pure preciousness :)