This recipe is perfect for a day like today - so perfect that we are about to make it. Again. It's from a Southern Living cookbook, and it's chicken noodle soup with some flair. My mother made this for us, and although I've eaten it for three meals, I'm already craving another bowl. Make this! You won't regret it.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 large onion, chopped
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 14-oz. cans chicken broth
1 10 3/4-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 10 3/4-oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 8-oz. package spaghetti, broken into two-inch pieces
7 celery ribs, finely chopped*
6 carrots, finely chopped
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. grated lemon rind*
2 c. milk
2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
*We omitted the celery and lemon rind and it was still delicious!
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and saute until tender. Stir in chicken and next 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes. Stir in milk and return to a simmer. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with cheese (optional). Yield: 12 cups.
3 comments:
Can you set the table for 4? David and I are on our way! Sounds amazing! I love this blog - my fave of all time! :)
YUM. I want to make this again, too. Props to our fabulous Momma for introducing this one!
I made this tonight, yummers!
Post a Comment