About halfway through the labor, I wasn't so sure about this whole joy thing. I may or may not have texted my sister about the pain, advising her to never participate in "marital relations." But you know what? In the way things worked out, with the labor and subsequent surgery that I didn't expect, I can honestly say that this baby was born in a very joyful manner to a very joy-filled room.
And now, even when we are awakened by a hungry baby multiple times a night, there is such joy when Gib and I are up with Levi. We laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh, many times until it actually hurts. Sometimes we are outright delirious, but most of the time, I really believe it's the joy of the Lord that He just keeps giving us as a way to enjoy even the challenges.
I wrote something about finding joy in His presence a few weeks ago, and I'm here to tell you, it's a very real thing. But what I've learned this week, perhaps more than ever, is that He gives it even when we don't expect it, even when we start to get frustrated, even when we don't deserve such grace.
1 comment:
Absolutely love this. So excited for you guys. Congrats and praise God for such a wonderful gift!!
Post a Comment