Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cooking adventures in Thai cuisine

As part of our fundraising efforts for our upcoming Thailand trip, our team has been offering homemade Thai food, delivered to people's doors on Saturday nights. While the fundraising aspect is definitely a focus, I'm not sure any of us realized how much fun we would have together as a team, learning to cook Thai food from two of our expert chef teammates. I can now fry dozens of spring rolls using only chopsticks as utensils! We've also learned to improvise when I somehow mess up the rice or the grill won't start or any other number of things that unexpectedly occur, which has been both fun and humorous!

We really do have one amazing team, and they've worked so hard on this fundraiser. I'm thankful for the way they serve, and for the way they have fun with each other!

Some pics from one Saturday's Thai to Go adventure are below, and I would be remiss if I didn't include the link to order food and other goodies, for anyone interested: http://teamthailand2012.eventbrite.com/.

Such focus, peeling the carrots for the spring rolls:




 This can opener, while high-tech and helpful, took three of us to figure out:



The Ninja. An impressive piece of equipment:



Laura getting the spring roll ingredients ready to go:



Our main chef and Thai cuisine extraordinaire, Kenah, doing what he does:




Lauren was a quick learner:



The finished product! Beautiful and delicious. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenah!! He was in my classes at OU!! Love that it is such a small world :)
LOVE what you and Gib are doing Lauren, makes my heart smile!