Reading is also a large part of EQUIP, which has been one of our favorite aspects. In addition to reading the Bible in 10 months, we are also assigned to read a different book each month. Herein lies the point of this particular post!
One of our most recent books was Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline. The title alone was enough to make me skeptical at first. Celebration? Of discipline? But, oh how quickly we learned what a gem this book is. I would venture to say that this is a must-read for all believers. At least, that's my humble opinion! If you are looking for a quality winter read, this book has our high recommendation.
2 comments:
Celebration of Discipline will NOT leave you disappointed!!! What a great study- JJ and I had the opportunity to go through this one with our OKC church group before we moved and it is a perspective-changer for sure =)
SO excited to read your blog updates so that I can experience your journeys even from across the country--- LOVE!!!
Absolutely LOVE this book. I read it for campus missionary training and it's seriously something that shoudl be revisited annually. We did 21 days of prayer and fasting in January with our church, and I broke out this book for a refresher, and it never ceases to bring a renewed understanding of God's heart and his desire to commune with us. Love you guys!
Post a Comment