Thursday, April 25, 2013

Four months!


My little morning glory!
Morning glory is exactly what you are. You wake up, and before doing anything else, you grin. It's like infant-speak for, "Good morning, world!" And that state of mind lasts for the entire day, unless that day contains vaccinations, which are the only days I've seen you upset to date. Sure, you have moments of crying, but even in the middle of tears, you'll stop and smile before remembering you are not happy.

You are so close to rolling over. You arch that back and throw your shoulder, and I've seen you make it all the way over except for the leg, which just can't quite hoist itself over yet. But that day is coming soon, baby dude. Sooner than I'm ready for!

You are a grabber - mama's hair, your paci, your blanket, your outfit, etc. When you are really tired, you want nothing more than to grab my hand as it rests on your chest. It soothes you immediately and you fall asleep. You've started sitting in your bumbo chair, and you love that perspective of the world around you. I know I've commented on your physical strength, and that factor hasn't changed. Even the doctor commented on it during your four-month well-baby visit!

In addition to smiling, you laugh. A lot. And you are a talker. You love to be around people, and you'd much rather fall asleep in the middle of a room with people than by yourself in the quiet. That works out quite well because your brother is not a quiet boy. He is also a talker, and currently a drummer and singer and clapper, so the noise level around here is fairly constant. You are fascinated by him, and if Levi is in the room, your eyes are on him. When I take a shower, I always put him in his crib to read some books, and lately I've started putting you in the same room in a bouncer. I think you both love it - he likes the company, and you love to watch him play. And me? I love to watch you both while remaining out of sight, just savoring these moments.

The older you get, the less you look like your brother at the same age. You still very much resemble each other, and it's clear that you are related, but the identical features are becoming less and less. I love how different you both are in terms of personality already, and I think the physical differences will be fun to observe, too.

Four months. That's one-third of a year. Time is a-flyin'!

Love you so, so, so much little man!
Mama







1 comment:

Leigh said...

This just made my day in a bittersweet kind of way...bitter because I hate living so far away from this little guy (and the rest of Team Park, too!)...and sweet because- well, just look at him!!! Love you all.