Thursday, April 26, 2012

Days like today

While I can honestly say that I love where we live most every day, days like today make me stop for a moment of thankfulness.

On days like today, you get home from work later than expected. Your first stop is the community clothesline to hang a bag of wet clothes that have been sitting in your trunk for a good two hours already.

On days like today, your neighbor comments that you look tired, not as a criticism, just an observation. It's been a few weeks since you've seen each other, so you take a moment to catch up, comparing recent haircuts even though hers is hidden under her hijab. After the two of you finish your respective laundry, you say good evening.

And then, moments later, this same neighbor reappears with a plate full of dinner, a homemade Egyptian dish with a name you can't pronounce and a taste you can't quite put your finger on, other than to think about how delicious it is.




I'm so thankful for the kindness of this community.

Thank you, Lord, for loving me well.

No comments: