When I sat down to write this post, I initially thought I would just give a little overview of some of the ways that God is moving in our lives. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to savor each of these aspects, that when I print this blog out someday, I will have done each of these justice in talking about… at least as much justice as one can do with words.
Sometimes, there just aren't words, you know? Sometimes, being seated in the gallery of awe means exactly that. Seated, unable to move or speak, just overcome with amazement and thankfulness.
Thinking about this guy definitely puts me in that place. I am overcome with awe when I think about him, when I think about our marriage:
We just celebrated seven years of marriage and are quickly approaching 10 years of togetherness. WOW! Thank you, Lord! Undoubtedly, these have been the best 10 years of my life.
A wise man once said that, "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1). Marriage, perhaps more than any other experience, has shown me how true that statement is.
We have had seasons of challenges and victories, pain and healing, sacrifice and abundance… and through it all, have had the joy of growing together, becoming more and more unified. Truly, I have found him whom my soul loves (Song of Solomon 3:4).
I have the privilege of seeing firsthand what it looks like for a man to be sold out to living a life for Jesus. And the result? The result is an amazing husband and father becoming an even more amazing husband and father.
This man is a passionate visionary. He is loyal and he is true. He serves well, and as a result, leads well. He loves me and pursues me daily. When I watch the way he loves his son, my heart melts time and time again.
When we were dating, I realized very early on that he was "the one." I gave him a manly ring that said "where you go, I will go" (Ruth 1:16). Now, more than ever before, I renew that promise. Following Jesus together is the most fun adventure I've ever had. I can't imagine doing it with anyone else.
Thinking about GP3 creates in me a thankful heart over and over again. It puts me in that gallery. Thank you, God.
1 comment:
I fully support this public display of affection :)
Post a Comment