Saturday, January 28, 2012

One year later

Well, folks, we have a one-year-old on our hands:


Talk about a milestone birthday! And not only for our little Deutbug, but for his parents, too. It's hard to believe that this time last year, hitting the one-year mark seemed so very far away.

I'm tempted to use the term "we survived." But that's not accurate, not at all. We didn't just survive. We "thrived." I'm thankful for every bump in the road, for without them, the victories wouldn't be nearly as sweet. And at the end of the day, or the year, our first year of parenthood didn't look like anyone else's. I think for part of the year, that made me unsure, frustrated at times. What I know now is that it was never supposed to. It's our journey as Team Park, and it's what makes our family, well, our family.


I simply cannot imagine life without this little guy!



Those beautiful, curious, spirited blue eyes.



That smile, those dimples and those adorable cheeks.



That laugh and that squeal.



Those arms that reach out for Mama.


One of our friends referred to Levi as our "fiery priest." I love that. It's a pretty literal interpretation of his name, but it's also pretty accurate for his personality so far, at least with the "fiery" part. We believe that the priest part is there, too, being molded day by day.

One year seems like such a milestone, and it is, but it's so much more of a beginning.

January 22, 2011, began a work in me that I couldn't yet understand. With his initial cry, my heart melted, and every day since, it has grown more and more full. My cup overflows.

Levi Blaze, you truly are our little wonder. You made me a mama, and with that title you gave me more satisfaction, more thankfulness and more joy than I ever saw coming. My life will never be the same, and that gives me cause to celebrate!

1 comment:

Abi Spencer said...

beautifully written by a beautiful mama!