What a fun, fun, fun, fun weekend! My sister spent four glorious days here, and getting to see her was a highlight of my summer. For the past few years, she's been brightening lives (and saving them, too) on the East Coast. She hadn't seen Levi since he was just a few weeks old. And, after spending the majority of our lives within walking or a short driving distance from each other, my soul feels rejuvenated in getting some quality sister time!
Granted, the heat outside is enough to zap even the most energized feeling and half the places we went to didn't have efficient air conditioning, but I just told her that I wanted her to get an authentic experience of an Oklahoma summer lest she forget what that feels like.
It was a weekend chalk full of wedding-related activities, and she made the most of her time here (read: I'm not sure she's slept much?). Over the course of four days, we had her trial hair/make-up salon appointment, bachelorette party, couples shower in OKC, bridal shower in our hometown and meetings with the wedding venue, caterer, florist and videographer. WHEW! In just over a month, she'll officially become Dr./Mrs. Peek! Hooray!
Love you, sister!


This last picture is precious because the three of us grew up together at "Mary's School." Mary was our babysitter until we started kindergarten, while our moms worked. She was able to come to Leigh's shower, so we had a reunion!
1 comment:
I love, love, love, LOVED spending the long weekend with you!!! I can't imagine a more fun weekend of wedding planning and catching up on quality time with my family and friends. Thanks for all you did to make it an incredible experience!!! Now, if you could just arrange for a more normal flight home next time... ; )
Post a Comment